Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Home Alone

This is awesome. It's been a long while since I have been alone in the evening hours. My husband , who usually works from 6 a.m. till 2 p.m. went to work later today and will be working late, maybe into the wee hours of the morning. My son, who has moved back in with us temporarily is working the afternoon shift today and won't be home until late this evening. I have the house, in silence, to myself. Just me and my Bearded Dragon, Miller. No television blaring, no one going in and out of the fridge and messing up the kitchen. No one coming in to ask me where this or that is. No one complaining about me being on the computer all the time. It's great!

I had coffee and leftover deviled eggs for breakfast, I had cookies and a leftover cheese enchilada for lunch munchies and picked around at a hunk of cold ham for supper. I can eat when I want, and what I want. I am not cooking, since I'm not hungry and no one here wanting a full meal. I took a half-hour-long shower without anyone wondering what I was taking so long in the bathroom for or using up all the hot water. I walked around in a robe most of the afternoon. I haven't even gone out to the curb to get the mail yet.

I plan on watching a couple of shows that I want to watch, and then turn the television off and read my book in silence or write some letters to my pen pals. (I have 40+ penfriends all over the world.)

I am enjoying this while it lasts because I know it will be awhile before I get to do this again.

No comments: