Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow on the way

Well, the weather forcasters are calling for some mighty nasty weather tomorrow and from the looks of the radar I can't see how this one is going to be wrong since it spans across many states and is moving northeast like a big wave covering the land.

They say we could get between 3-8 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon, with 25-35 mph winds (sometimes gusts to over 40 mph) which will cause much blowing and drifting and blizzard-like conditions. I am glad I don't have to go out, but my son and husband do have to go to work. I am trying to talk them into reporting off, but both say they can't do that. They will have to plow through and get there when they get there. I just hope they can get home sometime tomorrow night.

I was a bit skeptical at first, thinking how the news media always blows things out of proportion and exaggerates the tiniest bit of news and can make something normal into something bigger than it really is, but when my daughter's flight to Chicago was canceled, then I heard that 90 other American Airline flights to Ohare have been canceled, I knew that this was probably going to be a big storm. Airlines just don't cancel flights and lose all that money for no reason. I am really disappointed because I was really excited to see M again, even for a day (she was coming in for an audition and we were going to spend the day with her before she had to go back home.) Now we won't get to see her until May. :-(

The wind is picking up. I hear it howling around the eaves. I can feel a bit of a draft from the window that is near my desk. As the English say, "roll on, spring!"

No comments: