Saturday, February 10, 2007

Nothing is ever easy

I went to the bank and had paperwork notarized for my new work-at-home job yesterday morning, and then went to the post office and sent everything via certified mail to make sure it is received. I was relieved that I got the dozen sheets or so of forms filled out and on their way and thought all I had to do was sit back and wait to hear the final approval on things. Then I get an email from them saying I have to do some computer verification survey to make sure my computer is "compatible" for this job. I figure, this is a newer computer, all the latest software, so no biggie. Wrong.

I started doing the survey thing and followed step-by-step instructions which required me to shout questions to my husband who was in the livingroom trying to watch television. The questions were quite technical having to do with our operating system and computer components. I get to where I am almost finished and then the question "Do you use Internet Explorer"...no is the answer to that because we get too many pop ups with Explorer and we got a virus once using that. We use Mozilla with a firewall. Well, not good enough, we have to have Internet Explorer for me to be able to work for them. So, I had to stop what I was doing and bellow for the hubby who came in and tried this and that to download Internet Explorer. This went on for about 45 minutes or so before he realized we already have Internet Explorer and an icon was never added to the desktop is all.

So, once that was figured out, I had to start the survey ALL OVER AGAIN. I hope this company isn't going to be as big of a pain in the butt to work for.

No comments: