Friday, March 06, 2009

Hint of spring

Today was such a beautiful day and I was stuck inside. However, I did manager to open the patio doors and sit there in the sunshine with the breeze blowing in. Little birds are coming back and singing in the top of our maple tree. I think I see some buds coming out on the top branches, too. I know we aren't done with Old Man Winter yet, for we usually get a couple more big snowfalls in March.

It seems to have been an extremely long winter, and probably seems that way to me because I can't get out, and am alone all day long doing the same things. But soon I will start on the road to real recovery when I get this cast off on Thursday and start going to therapy and learning how to walk again. I will be so glad to just be able to walk outside on my deck on my own.

No comments: