Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's always something

Hubby brought home a fresh-made pizza from Dominick's -- the take-and-bake kind. He gets sausage and cheese and I add extra ingredients and extra cheese myself. Tonight I turned the oven on to preheat it while I piled on the mushrooms, green peppers, black olives, fresh garlic and extra cheese to make a very thick, scruptious-looking pizza pie. I then went to the oven and opened the door and the damn thing was COLD! I checked to see if I really had turned it on (sometimes I think I do things and I haven't) and it's set to 425F. I turned it off and then on again and the little ignition thing went click, click, click and I heard the pilot light and waited, and waited, and waited . . . and the burner did not come on. Grrrrr!!!

These things always happen when hubby is especially tired from a difficult day at work. He goes in to see what the matter is. He has been an electrical maintenance/mechanic supervisor for a number of years now, so I know he knows what he is doing but dicking around with natural gas appliances scares me. I get all tense. He is fiddling with this switch and turning things on and off that make the gas go on and off and the whole kitchen smells like sulfur. I took my cell phone and went to the far end of the house, just in case. Hey... why should we both be blown to smithereens?

He doesn't know what is wrong with it for certain, but thinks it is the thermostat that tells the big flame to come on. He says he will go to a parts store and get what he needs once he figures out what exactly it is that he needs to fix it. (or try to) So, while he is doing that, I think I will go out shopping with my future daughter-in-law and let him do his thing without me hovering around wringing my hands and worried that he is going to blow the house up. Hopefully, I won't come home to splinters and everything in bits and pieces all over the neighborhood. Also, I hope he CAN fix it because if there is one thing I don't want to be spending our money on, it's a househould appliance. I want that platinum hot tub I wrote about a few days ago. With the way things usually go though, we will probably be out stove shopping over the weekend. It's always something!

No comments: