Monday, January 08, 2007

I'll put it here so I will know where to find it next time

I don't know how many times I have put things in a specific place so as not to forget where they are the next time I go looking for them. When the time comes that I need a certain thing, I forget where the hell I put it! Never fails. Like just this morning I was looking for a certain document and I went to the desk where it was before I move it to the "safer" place and for the life of me could not find it. I searched in drawers, in the coffee table where the magazines are, in the coat closet in a container where we keep some papers that we mean to file properly one day. I looked and looked and finally decided to look finally of all logical places -- the filing cabinet. There it was filed in a labeled folder right in the front of the second drawer. I had purposely written the name of the type of documents in large letters on the manila file folder. If I had looked in the most logical place first, I would have saved myself about a half hour of wasted time and aggravation.

This is why I am not a secretary.

No comments: