Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Headcolds suck!

I have come down with my second cold of the season, and it sucks! I would like someone to blame it on, but really don't know who since I was around a lot of people this past weekend. I was over visiting my youngest brother's two little kids on Monday, and they seemed fine and haven't heard that they were sick so can't blame them. I was at that presentation my brother gave for the Hammond Public Library on Sunday but there were only about a dozen or so old people. I went out to Pepe's afterwards with my parents and it was pretty crowded because of the Bear's playoff game, so I could have been exposed there, or my husband could have carried germs home from work, but who knows? Or maybe my son gave me germs since he says there are many people who he works with who are sick. I dunno...but all I know is I feel like crap and my nose is running like a faucet.

Whenever I catch a cold I go into defense mode. I immediately get the garlic tablets and take two ever few hours. I drink lots of tea and orange juice and chicken broth. During the couple of days when I am at my most miserable, I resort to experimenting with cold medicines to see what will work to help me breath without making my throat feel like I swallowed sand. I also cannot do without my nasal spray. I can't sleep if my nose is clogged. My husband can sleep with both nostrils plugged up, breathing through his mouth, but I have never been able to do that.

So, I am probably in for a long night. I most likely will not sleep well for the next few days. I can't wait for springtime! Winter and all of its germs sucks!

No comments: