Monday, January 08, 2007

Eggs and spaghetti

I have not been feeling very domestic lately (well, I am not very domestic most of the time, but lately I am feeling even less domestic than usual). If I could hire help to do anything it would be for cooking and cleaning up the kitchen afterwards. I hate being in the kitchen. I can cook, but just don't like to. With my husband, everything revolves around food. If food were a god he would worship it. Every day when he gets home he expects dinner. Since I am not working at the moment I feel obliged to make sure he gets a hot dinner...but like I said, lately I am not feeling very domestic, especially after being sick for several days.

About three days ago, I made eggs for supper. Eggs and toast. The next night I made spaghetti with sauce and meatballs. I made enough sauce for two meals. Last night I made eggs again, with pre-cooked sausages that you heat up in the microwave, and toast. He ate it with no complaints. Then tonight when he came home he didn't seem to want to eat right away (he probably knew what was coming) so we waited till he was hungry. He asked what I was making...I said "spaghetti and leftover sauce and meatballs." He shrugged and said "whatever," and he ate it without complaint. I think I won't get away with this very long. I will have to think of something else to make tomorrow. Maybe Eggo toaster waffles? LOL! No...I will thaw out some tilapia and have that. Even though he isn't keen on fish, he will most likely welcome the change and it only takes about 10 minutes to zap in the microwave with some lemon pepper. I'll make some instant rice to go with and a canned veggie. :-) I will bet that he will suggest that we eat out the day after. :-D

No comments: