Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doves are back

My little turtle dove couple are back. Hard to tell if they are the same ones, but I would like to think so. They've been coming around now for about four years. I did a little search to try to find out how long their average life expectancy is, but haven't found that answer yet.

In the mornings, it's so calming to hear them cooing to each other. I read that doves couples both care for their offspring, each sharing in the duties equally. I thought that was kind of cool.

This is a photo I took through the screen door, I didn't want to scare them away by opening it so the picture is a bit blurry. I will try to get a clearer one someday, maybe try out my macro lens that Jon got me for my birthday last year and I didn't use yet because I've been too busy recuperating from this and that.

No comments: