Sunday, December 16, 2007

Morning after snowstorm

This is the view looking out of my diningroom doors. Yesterday we had a big snowstorm. One day the forecast called for snow "showers" and then yesterday the snow showers forecast turned into possible heavy accumulations with travel advisories, cancellations at O'Hare and Midway airports. Today we are digging out, or I should say Jon is digging out . . . poor man. His back is bothering him too and I wish he would just pay a neighborhood kid to do it. But he's stubborn. And he won't ask our son to do it, and our son won't offer to do it. So, he goes out there and hurts his back more. :roll: Now he has to go help the other son fix a car in this crap. I think he likes being needed and is why he wants to help, and why he won't tell them to do crap themselves.

I would love to go for a walk in this, and kick the snow around, but am paranoid that I will slip and fall and break something. When I see an untouched yard full of new-fallen snow, I want to go make footprints in it. I especially love the way it sparkles, like little diamonds scattered everywhere. Real diamonds have never really mattered to me (though small diamond stud earrings would be nice so I don't have to keep buying the $12 cubic zirconias), the diamonds that shine in the snow are priceless...and so many of them! No one could ever own that many diamonds that can be found in new snow.

I am going to go get a cup of hot Ovaltine now and watch for my squirrel friend to come and get his breadcrumbs that I put out for him on the deck.

No comments: