Sunday, October 28, 2007

These are the people taking care of our health . . .

We received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield a couple days ago saying that the claim filed by a doctor could not be processed because my policy with that company was canceled seven years ago. This is because I NO LONGER WORK THERE, and the doctor's office who sent the claim to BC/BS somehow got OLD information despite my giving them the CURRENT insurance company name, group and policy number when they CALLED ME about it when I was discharged from the hospital last month! How that happened is beyond me. THEN yesterday I received a statement from said doctor's office stating the same thing and demanding their $360 (for a doctor who saw me ONCE and did nothing for me).

I sent this letter back....(I have x'd out the name of my insurance company and other information for obvious privacy concerns.)

Attention BILLING AND INSURANCE DEPARTMENT,

YOU HAVE FILED MY BILL WITH THE WRONG INSURANCE COMPANY.

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCE CARD WITH INFORMATION THAT WAS ALREADY GIVEN TO YOU WHEN YOU CALLED MY HOME AFTER MY RELEASE FROM XXXXX HOSPITAL IN SEPTEMBER.

Soon after I was released from XXXXX Hospital, a representative from Dr.XXX’s office called me and asked for my insurance information. I told the woman who called on the phone that I am insured through X Insurance company and ID AND GROUP NUMBER OF THAT CURRENT POLICY. somehow this was filed with another company I was insured with YEARS AGO, and how you got this old information is beyond me. XXX Hospital has my current XXX insurance coverage on file, and has had it on file for the past few years along with my permission to give that information to attending doctors.

Please make sure that whoever handles this again gets the correct current information and files it with my current insurance company -- X Insurance Co if you want to be paid. Everyone else who has filed correctly has been paid by now.

Thank you,

My name

Attached is copy of MY XXX INSURANCE CARD

P.S I have saved a copy of this letter and your letter for my records.

And I am not supposed to get stressed out because stress makes my medical conditions worse. I think they keep doing this to keep us sick so we have to keep coming to them and paying them money.

No comments: