Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was a very nice Mother's Day. Jeff and Whitney took me, Jon and Jason all out for breakfast at Lumes which has the best breakfast food in the Chicagoland area. I ordered the Florentine Benedict which is pretty much like the Veggie Benedict pictured to the left. Poached eggs with spinach and bacon with a Hollandaise sauce on an English muffin served with home made hashbrown potatoes, and a peach half. Deeeelicious! I also had to cups of decaf with French vanilla creamer.

The restaurant was very busy and we thought we were going to have to wait forever, but fortunately for us, who they called depended on how big of a table or booth opened up and they called us after only about a ten minute wait. When we sat down the bus boys brought water and the poor kid dropped a glass and where did it dump? On Jon's side of the u-shaped booth seat and went all under his butt drenching his pants. But, he didn't get mad, didn't get up...just sat there after wiping up what he could.

We had a real nice time sitting and talking all together for a change. Usually everyone is so busy with work and other things that some days we barely see each other even though we are all under one roof.

Later in the day we went to my mom's place and had Popeye's chicken and then desserts later. My brother and sis-in-law came over and their older son and his girlfriend. It was our first time meeting Meghan and she is a very sweet girl. Mom always buys me and my sister and sis-in-laws presents on Mother's Day even though we are the daughters. Mom gave me a set of Dove body wash, lotion, soap and deodorant and it came with a little scrubbie puff. I love this new fresh Dove cucumber stuff...and I like all their scents. Thanks Mom!

I got Mom a pot of Hens and Chicks. If you don't know what they are, here is a picture:

When I bought the Hens and Chicks plant for my mom, I also bought myself a yellow dahlia plant for the deck. I am still gradually trying to fill my pots with flowers. Five done, fifteen more to go.

No comments: