Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day weekend...home repairs

This past week we accomplished a lot of stuff, or I should give Jon most of the credit since he worked a lot harder than I did. Got my shower fixed that has been broken since January when a pipe broke and water leaked all in the downstairs kitchen area. It was so nice to be able to shower in my own bathroom again instead of using the main bathroom where the guys shower. :P My bathroom is all pink, white, light gray and frilly. Their's is black, white, and gray and geometric...and the tub gets hairy on the bottom (which I have to end up cleaning anyway).

He got the handles on the cabinets in the downstairs kitchen, fixed the sofa, mowed the lawn front and back and weed-whacked, helped Jason and Whitney get the workout room cleaned up so they could set up their exercise equipment, put in new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on both levels, and managed to get some more window quotes. (Talking about windows with sales people makes me glaze over with boredom.)
Now that things are orderly we can start finishing projects around here that need to get done, finally...hopefully.

No comments: