Thursday, May 21, 2009

Computer crash

Yep, my computer bit the dust a few days ago and had to go buy a whole new one this time. I didn't get as upset being without my computer for a few days like I have in the past. My only irritation is that I was working on a project for the company I work for online and only had a couple days left to make some money. Now the project is over and done and who knows when the next one will be.

The motherboard was burned up, the processor was shot and the hard drive appears to have some sort of virus on it. I don't know if I will be able to retrieve anything on it or not.


What kind of dull lives do people have to be living in order to take up so much time and brainpower to hack into someone's computer and cause havoc and not even be able to witness the ire of the person it has happened to? There can't be any personal sadistic joy in it, there can't be any obscene happiness in seeing someone frustrated and angry by the grief that the hacker has caused them. But if these nerds would use the same brainpower to do something positive, they could be making loads of money for their efforts and be doing something productive for society.

Anyway, like I said I had to go buy all new computer hardware and hubby spent a whole day getting everything working again. Then I have been having to reinstall all of my programs and try to find all my links and bookmarks again. What a hassle and colossal waste of time!

But I LOVE my new computer now, it's so much faster and got a new video card too so things look so much brighter and more storage space, too. So something good came out of it, but we weren't really wanting to spend the money on this right now when we have a houseful of windows we need to get.

Speaking of windows, read my latest rant about that in my next post.

No comments: