Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hot Tub Update

















Here is our actual hot tub. I sneaked out to the garage to take a picture of it when hubby had the garage door open when he was mowing the lawn. Yes, it is standing on it's side. Like I suspected, the leak is coming from the center where the foot jets are located. Jeff, Whitney, Jason and Jon had to hoist this near 700 lb monstrosity up onto one side so Jon could get to the parts underneath. I was hoping that it wouldn't fall and squash one of them. I have a bad back so had to be the one to reach up and hold the Genie garage door opener out of the way.

More parts ordered and we are waiting for them to arrive. He had to order a transformer and various plumbing and electrical parts so far. When these come in, and he installs them, and if it still doesn't work, then he will have to check out the electronic control keypad. That could cost hundreds if he can't fix that. Hopefully it will work after all this, but I am skeptical. I want to be optimistic, but after 30 something years of experience has shown me that Murphy's Law prevails most of the time.

More to come . . .

No comments: