Monday, June 04, 2007

Glad it wasn't me!

If it isn't one thing, it's another. The first day of our vacation, around dinnertime after arriving at our motel at Fredericksburg, hubby slides his big butt across the van seat as he is climbing out and broke the captain's chair right off its motorized base! I am so glad it didn't happen to me or else I would never hear the end of it.

Van seats should be rugged, tough and built to accomodate large men. Jon isn't more than 50 lbs overweight, so that should not have done it, however, it's so great to be able to tease him for once since he thinks it's so fun to tease and make fun of me. Now it's his turn. I am not letting this one die down for awhile.

Now we have one more thing to fix around here. He went by the dealer where we bought the van to make his complaint and to see how much a new base would be. $600!!!! So, he is now on a quest to find not only hot tub parts to repair a broken hot tub, but also a motorized base for our van chair. I have a feeling that this will be another ongoing saga to write about. In the meantime, since the van is my vehicle, I am trapped here at home until he manages to fix it or till he gives in and buys a new base. I hope I do make enough money with this month's project to pay for it, because I am not waiting beyond two weeks to be without wheels.

No comments: