Monday, March 12, 2007

Filing frenzy

As I have said before in a previous post somewhere, I abhor office-type work and I am lazy about filing papers and I stash bill statements in drawers or in a pile on a table here and there with all the best intentions of filing them "later." Well, later seems to take a long time to get here! Last time I cleaned out our file cabinet and got up to date with my filing was August 2005! A year and a half ago!

I could kick myself every time I have to spend hours and hours sorting and filing papers that would have taken about two minutes out of my day to keep up with. I must have caught the saying that my husband's side of the family lives by "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today." I have to get that out of my brain and quit being so lazy because it always comes back to bite me in the ass later.

I spent FIVE HOURS sorting and filing this year-and-a-half worth of bill stubs, statements, receipts, warranties, tax records, financial investment documents, car insurance policies, and a bunch of miscellaneous of this and that. I sat on the floor in our downstairs family room and sorted everything in piles and then had to organize each pile according to dates. I must have had thirty piles! Then I had to take each pile and put it in the filing cabinet in it's corresponding folder. My butt cheeks are still sore from all that leaning and stretching across the floor, and my hips hurt, and my back hurts, but it's my own darn fault! If I wasn't such a procrastinator about things I don't like, I wouldn't have to be tortured with so much of it all at one time.

SO, now that I have everything all caught up and organized AGAIN, I am going to say once more...I AM going to keep up with my filing this time and not let it get so out of control. Now I just have to make myself follow through!

No comments: