Thursday, July 12, 2007

Aren't these guys cute?

I am feeling better today so it had to have been a 24-hour bug, or the pizza. I went to bed very early last night and slept it off. I think it was the pizza because every time I think about that cheese pizza my stomach does a flip. It was one of those take-and-bake pizzas, and hubby bought it on his way home from work and didn't have the a/c on and it was quite hot out as he was driving home so it could have gone bad with the weather the way it was. Who knows how long it sat in the store before him buying it, too.

I love the above photo. I love mice. Not when the real ones get in my house and make me set traps for them. But I love the way they look. They are so cute. I have a whole collection of mice figurines. I will have to post a picture of them sometime. I have all kinds of them in a shadow box that once belonged to my Grandma. It's a real pain to dust, but if I don't move them from their spots I don't have to worry about the dust very often. No one notices unless one gets moved.

My father is the one who got me started collecting mice. I have written about this before. He gave me a little porcelain mouse called "Troubles" when I was a teenager and going through a bout of sadness. It was from a collection Halllmark sold back in the 70s. I have a whole bunch from the same collection, and then I have all kinds of other ones.

Anyways, more about that later. Now I have to go make myself something bland to eat since I am finally feeling hungry again.

No comments: