Thursday, July 16, 2009

Drying clothes outdoors

I love how clothes smell after being allowed to air-dry outdoors in the wind and sunshine. I have a drying rack similar to the one shown here, and I have a lot of clothes that I don't like to dry in the dryer. But our town has a no-clothesline ordinance, which I think is really foo-foo stupid. Yuppies say that clotheslines are an "eyesore". I don't think so. Clotheslines never bother me any. And it's not like people hang their clothes up and leave them there forever. In a couple hours they are dry and we bring them in and put them away.

I get around this clothesline rule with my clothes-drying rack. I set it up on the deck and let nature do the drying for me and then bring them in to fold them and put it all away.

I did this with my bedding yesterday and it all smelled so nice and fresh. It brings back memories of when I was a kid and all of our clothes were dried this way in the summertime. It's a nice, fresh feeling to climb between crisp, freshly-washed, natured dried sheets. Thanks mom for those memories...I love you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw on an older post that you collect mice. I do too. :) I like the story of "Troubles" mouse. That's very sweet. I have a really tiny pewter mouse that belonged to my grandmother. You can see some of the mice I've made on my blog. :)
Megan

Stardust said...

Hi Megan, nice to find someone else who collects mice, too! I just dusted all mine yesterday and what a job that is!

I am sorry that I can't see the pics on your blog because it is invited readers only. :-(