Friday, February 22, 2008

Massage....ahhhhhhh....yes

I have been having a massage when I go for physical therapy sessions for my back. If you have never had a massage, you don't know what you are missing. But once you have one massage you will be hooked. The massage works better than anything else they do, and better than any medicine I take. I wish I could hire a full-time massage therapist to come to my home every day.

When I go to therapy they first put this wonderful heat pack all around my sore neck and shoulders and I sit there for ten minutes. I could sit there with that for an hour or two without getting antsy. It's so relaxing.

Then comes the stretching that the regular therapist does, which also feels good, but is a little bit of a workout. After that I have my exercises, most of which are not fun and are quite boring, but must do them to build up muscle and bone.

Then after my stretching and exercises I am rewarded with a massage...and it' s awesome. She knows where the knots are and how to get them out and all my muscles relax.

Even if you don't have medical problems, I strongly recommend going for a professional massage once in awhile. My massage therapist says to steer clear of Spas because they are not medically trained. A fully trained medical massage therapist knows how to do it correctly without hurting you. So, if you have stress, or do a lot of lifting or if your back just seems sore and tired, go get a massage. It's wonderful relief.

No comments: