Sunday, September 23, 2007

Clown car

This is the car hubby is seriously considering buying when it comes on the market here in the USA in January 'o8. When I was talking to my daughter on the phone and told her too look up what her father wanted to buy to drive to work, she started laughing. She said "he isn't going to fit in that!" I agree. The man is 6'4" and 250 lbs! Knowing how he likes to prove us wrong, my bet is that he is going to squeeze himself into one just to show us.

I am all for him getting whatever car he wants, but I would like him to get something safer than this clown car. He had been talking about getting a Mini Cooper. I wasn't thrilled about that, but now that seems like a luxury sedan compared to this little toy. Maybe if everyone here drove small cars like in Europe it would be safer, but with all the SUVS, trucks, vans, and all kinds of large vehicles driving at high rates of speed, is this car really safe to drive on our roads? He got rid of his motorcycle years ago because he considered it to be unsafe to drive in traffic. Why is this little thing any different.

5 comments:

Poodles said...

I have to admit, I have been considering the Smart car as well.

Nobody believes that my husband fits comfortably in a Mini, but he does.

Stardust said...

Hi poodles!
I finally told him that he can get whatever he wants. He drives far to work, but it's not expressway, and he says when we travel we take the van anyway because we can sleep and we save money in hotel costs...and we can make food in it and saves money that way. (I can't eat most restaurant food anymore). I told him then let's just see if he can fit in it and go from there. He is always looking for ways to save energy/fuel costs. Our house has uber insulation, and he is now thinking about putting in this efficient gas furnace/air conditioner that is one unit for both and is supposed to save a bunch of money. Some people draw, paint, cross-stitch, read, write...this man likes to "putter" and build...and resurrect old hot tubs, etc.

Poodles said...

Speaking of... How is the hot tub?

Stardust said...

poodles, the hot tub blows out the circuit breaker every time he turns it on. He has tried using a different outlet, and same thing. He is saying now what I predicted...that the control panel is bad and needs to be replaced...about $2,000!!!! :-O

Poodles said...

OOOHHHH ouch, that is a lot of money. Yuck!

When I first plugged mine in it did the same thing, but come to find out there was just some wiring backward in the circuit breaker.