Monday, July 28, 2008

Update on barium/dye crap

Well, this was a crappy weekend. The I.V. dye and barium they gave me (or one or the other) made me really, really sick all weekend. I was up Saturday night with burning joints and diarrhea. and was in so much pain had to take pain medicine to be able to sleep. Then all day yesterday I was sick to my stomach and everything hurt. I phoned into the urgent care center and they say that sometimes happens. The barium can cause a number of reactions including constipation, nausea, cramps, or joint and back pain. No one warned me about that before the test, and I have had this sort of test before, years ago with the drinking of the barium crap.

Anyway, feeling tired but better today. Still having some achiness but am drinking water like a fish trying to flush this stuff out.

When the hell are they ever going to invent a real Star Trek tricorder?

No comments: