Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back to the real world and things I love

Facebook can be like a self-imposed prison sentence if you let it. I love the fact that I found so many friends from my past that I have reconnected with and am thankful for that. However, I have become totally obsessed with FB and what's happening on the newsfeed that I have been forgetting to live life in the REAL WORLD. 

After sitting in a cube at the office for eight hours a day, I come home and sit in front of a computer for three or four more hours before bed, staring at a screen. Missing the last remaining hours of daylight and the beautiful sunsets, the sounds of the cicadas, the dancing fireflies after dark. I have finally woken up, as I had from religion, and have been rediscovering the things that I used to do. Like READING a book, and writing letters and stories.  I still check out the FB statuses, but have given myself a time limit, and going to try not to get sucked back into it for so many hours a day. Life is passing me by!

No comments: